If you are a new band student or parent and are not receiving email updates from the Band Director or Boosters, then please click here to provide your contact information.
SmartMusic and Band Room Access
Good evening ELHS Instrumental Music Families,
I hope that you are finding some time to relax with family as we enter these times of uncertainty dealing with the COVID-19 Virus. Like you, I remain informed utilizing the PCSB website and updates from local and national news sources. Pinellas County Schools is looking to utilize digital resources for the time period that students away from campus. Fortunately, for music classes, we have an online resource set up and ready to implement.
www.SmartMusic.com released their entire online music program to school districts affected by the COVID-19 school closures. ELHS band students will be making use of this software as part of the updated curriculum. Please read below about how to create your free SmartMusic Account.
- Go to www.smartmusic.com
- Click on Create an Account
- Follow the instructions to set up an account. A valid e-mail address is required.
- Once you enter your info, you will be sent an invitation link.
- Click on the link from the e-mail you receive and follow instructions.
- When asked, please enter your Class Enrollment Code
Each class has a custom Class Enrollment Code:
- Concert Band (5th period) – H6UDD-JHJZ4
- Wind Ensemble (6th period and select 5th period members) – 6PHAF-RU3UJ
- Jazz Ensemble – XFMKM-77PQX
- Percussion (7th period) – KWD4C-KRDCE
- The membership is FREE through June 30, 2020
- Students have FULL ACCESS to the Band, Orchestra, Jazz, and Percussion Library.
- Everything is ONLINE
- CHROME browser required
- If you need assistance, please review the SmartMusic videos on their website and their YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.
Once you request to join the class, I will grant access to students. I am still in the process of assigning music, so please be patient as I am not on the computer at all times.
Assignments will be created within Smart Music to be completed as a part of your grade.
Band Room Access:
Per Mrs. Haley’s instructions, here is what we will be able to do for you. Please be aware that this is a short turn-around time frame.
- Instrument pick up will be available this Tuesday and Wednesday between the hours of 8am – 3pm. It is best if you email Mr. Black to schedule your pick-up time. email@example.com
- Enter from the South side of the campus. If the gate is not open, please email Mr. Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No more than 2 students allowed in the room at any one time. We must observe the social distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC.
- In order to remove a school instrument from campus, PCSB instrument contract must be completed and on file.
- Instrument disinfecting spray will be available for mouthpieces. Please do not attempt to wash/disinfect the inside of your instruments with common household disinfectants/cleaners. If you are concerned, please contact an instrument repair professional. Wiping the mouthpiece and using soap on your hands before and after playing will help minimize any risk.
- Percussion: Per the syllabus, students will be expected to have, at minimum, snare sticks and a pad to practice with at home.
- MALLET INSTRUMENTS: First come, first serve by emailing Mr. Black. Rochambeaux members should strongly consider bringing a mallet instrument home.
- If you have an issue with scheduling pick up of your instrument, please email Mr. Black immediately.
Though this is a new process for us, I am confident in the resilience and enthusiasm of our students. Should we be able to return to school as planned, there are exciting changes in the works to adapt to this difficult experience. Stay tuned…
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me.
Director of Bands
Performing Arts Department Chair
East Lake High School
Check out our latest pictures on Facebook.
Consider signing up to help with chaperoning, concessions or uniform washing!
If you have feedback, we’d love to hear it!
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the East Lake Band Boosters at no cost to you! Click this link to sign up. Encourage your friends and family to sign up for AmazonSmile and select the East Lake Band Boosters…it costs nothing and the benefits are endless.