Without our amazing volunteers the ELHS Band Program would not be a success. In order for our program to continue in this success, we need your help! ELHS Band offers many volunteer opportunities for parents and other family members to be involved in our program.
- Chaperoning: tag days, football games, competitions
- East Lake Classic band competition (held every year in October)
- Concession stand (work in the concession stand during football games or at the Classic)
- Special events planning (Spirit Night fundraisers, Swing ‘n Sweets, etc.)
- Props (build props that the band uses during marching and winter percussion seasons)
- Transportation (help transport the band’s equipment to and from events; we provide the trailer, you provide the truck)
- Uniforms (organize and oversee the marching uniforms)
- Spirit wear (manage ELHS Silver Sound clothing)
- Band Boosters / Executive Board
Interested in becoming a volunteer?
In order to become a band volunteer, you must complete the Pinellas County Schools volunteer registration form. Information about volunteering in a Pinellas County School is available on the PSCB volunteering information webpage.
Many of the band program volunteer opportunities do not require that you are a PCSB level 2 volunteer. However, being a level 2 volunteer gives you a broader range of volunteer opportunities with the band. Level 2 offers additional security for our students and is required to be a PSCB chaperone. For additional details regarding the level 2 volunteer, please review the PCSB level 2 volunteer process.
If you need assistance registering to be a PSCB volunteer, please contact ELHS Volunteer Coordinator, Teresa Peterson (727.942.5419, ext. 2045).
Already a Volunteer?
All volunteers must reactivate their Portal volunteer account each year. To do this log into your existing Portal volunteer account using your v.account information.
- Login: v.last name and first initial – all lowercase [example login: v.smitha]
- Password: Last name (capitalize first letter), followed by your 4-digit birth year [example password: Smith1973]
Tracking Your Volunteer Hours
PCSB requests that all volunteers track their volunteer hours. You can track your hours with the Volunteer Hours Log (this form does not need to be submitted until all your volunteer hours have been completed for the school year) or through your Portal volunteer account.
ELHS Band Program uses the easy and popular SignUp Genius for our volunteer opportunities.